Pumpkins are fall’s favorite fruit. Yes, it is a fruit! Pumpkins are part of the berry family. Pumpkin recipes may be found for everything from appetizers to side dishes to dessert. Coffee drinkers wait all year for fall and the famous Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Pumpkin is a great treat for the skin. It is loaded with vitamins and minerals to promote glowing skin. It contains natural fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) to brighten and smooth the skin and it is very high in Vitamins A and C, known for their skin protecting antioxidants.
Pumpkin used as a mask is one DIY skin care product that gets two thumbs up! In this simple recipe, please use Organic Canned Pumpkin (or fresh if it is available) in BPA free cans. There will be plenty to share with family members and everyone can benefit from this skin restorative mask. Leftover mask can be stored in a tightly sealed jar in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Here is what you will need:
1/4 c. Organic Canned Pumpkin
1 whole Egg
1 tsp. Honey
1 Tbl. Almond Flour (if you have tree nut allergies, leave the almond flour out of the recipe)
Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Now you’re ready for the treatment.
1. Cleanse skin
2. Apply 1 pump of Skin Serum
3. Gently apply the pumpkin mask to cleansed face and neck with fingers or a brush. The mixture will be thin. Do not get this into the eye area.
4. For sensitive skin types, leave on 8 to 10 minutes.
5. For non-sensitive or oily skin types, leave on up to 15 minutes.
6. Remove with a warm, wet wash cloth.
7. Apply Intensive Moisturizer.
Your skin will be glowing and gently exfoliated.
Enjoy the compliments!
6377 Nancy Ridge Drive, Suite A
San Diego, CA 92121