NeoGenesis Products and Protocols for Oily/Problem Skin
Below are the recommended skin care products to use for Oily/Problem Skin. Click here or scroll down for protocols.
Oily/Problem Skin Protocols
Caring for Oily/Problem Skin
The right home care protocol is very important to balancing oily and/or problem skin. It must be treated gently, not using harsh products or overly active products which will make the problem worse over time.
NeoGenesis Cleanser is good for all skin types and all skin conditions, leaving the skin clean, nourished and prepared for the next step. Oily skin is not dirty skin. Use our Cleanser twice daily as the correct way to approach oily or problem skin.
After the Cleanser, NeoGenesis Recovery, abundant in S²RM® technology, is perfect to naturally restore balance within the skin. Recovery used twice per day after cleansing will help to quickly restore the skin, thereby reducing the chances that scarring will occur.
Then apply Mandelic Acid 8% or Salicylic Acid Gel (once daily for the first 2 weeks, if needed can incorporate the use twice daily. Salicylic Acid Gel can be used as a spot treatment for affected areas). Our recommendation is alternate the use of each acid to help keep irritation at a minimum.
People who have oily skin often steer clear of moisturizers, worrying that they will make their skin worse. Oily skin doesn’t need more oil; however, it does need hydration. Hydrated skin is a must for healthy skin. Keeping it hydrated will not trigger more oil production. Aggressively treated skin often appears oily and dehydrated at the same time. This will signal the hormones to produce more oil, keeping the problem ongoing. A light application of our Light Moisturizer or Barrier Renewal Cream may be used as needed after Recovery for any dry areas.
NeoGenesis for Oily/Problem Skin Protocol; twice daily
- Gently cleanse the skin with the NeoGenesis Cleanser
- Apply 1 to 2 pumps of NeoGenesis Recovery serum to the face and neck, including the eye area
- Apply either Salicylic Acid Gel or Mandelic Acid 8% to the face and neck
- If hydration is needed, NeoGenesis Skin Serum after Recovery adds nutrients and light, non-comedogenic moisture to the skin
- NeoGenesis Light Moisturizer or Barrier Renewal Cream are acne safe if needed
- Always wear a chemical-free sunscreen during the day. Mineral powder sunscreens can be beneficial for oily/problem skin types
- Spray MB-1 on to skin after all other products have been applied
- Use the NeoGenesis Volcanic Ash Mask 1 or 2 times per week for a gentle exfoliation to promote clearer and brighter skin
Click here to learn more about using NeoGenesis products for Oily or Problem Skin.